Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Reinvention of You

LIVESTRONG.COM

EDITOR'S LETTER

By: Adam Bornstein

My entire life I've told myself I can't run. Maybe it was the 20-minute mile I ran when I was an overweight adolescent. Or the chaffing I used to feel on my inner thighs anytime I moved my legs at a faster pace. Whatever the reason, I've avoided running long distances for years.

Even as I transformed my body and became educated in fitness and health, I still stayed away from long distance cardio. Over the years, I built an appreciation for runners and their mental and physical toughness. I've interviewed marathoners, studied the best way to build mileage, and even coached and trained people to run races (yes—they were successful).

But no matter how much I learned, I refused to shift my own long-held belief: I don't run. That is, until I realized my own foolishness was blinding my ability to become better.

READ MORE


THE MOST SHOCKING DIET MYTHS
Unlock your Genetic Potential

What are the best ways to burn fat and build muscle? Find out here.
READ MORE
 
  THE STRENGTH PRINCIPLES
23 Tips that Change the Game

Expert advice that will help you see your abs and avoid injuries.
READ MORE
 
MACHINE REBIRTH?
Refresh your Workout Approach
Can the Smith machine be useful? These exercise give the machine a new use.
READ MORE
 
  WORKOUT DECODER
Personalize Your Training Plan
Is your workout right for your goals? Find out how to analyze your routine for faster results.
READ MORE
 
 
Advertisement


Follow Us Facebook Twitter RSSYouTube

 

 

   


Please DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. This is an unmonitored email address. Read our privacy policy here.
Copyright 2010 LIVESTRONG.COM, all rights reserved. © Demand Media, Inc. 2010.
All Rights Reserved. 1333 Second Street Suite 100, Santa Monica, CA 90401.


Unsubscribe from Newsletters or Special Offers here.

ads

Ditulis Oleh : Angelisa Vivian Hari: 3:39 PM Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive